Friday, May 19, 2017

On My Easel - acrylic portrait of Fran - work in progress


A good bit of work to do, yet, but I should finish it this weekend.  I won't have such a spotty background, for one thing, and will do more work on her face.  It's on 12 x 12" board.  She is really lovely - hope I can do her justice.  It's always so great to at least begin a painting or drawing with the actual person sitting in front of you, but if they're not models, no way can I expect them to stay as long as it takes.  There are exceptions, of course, and I am very grateful for those who are able to actually stick around.  Fran is so sweet and spent as much time as she could, but was on a tight schedule, so I was happy to have her sit for even a short while.  I love going to drawing groups, but since I'm not a regular attendee,  I often have to take whatever position in the room nobody else wants, which is probably why I have a lot of paintings of the model with her/his back to me.  I generally love back poses, but usually just of nudes, Come to think of it, I may need to seriously consider those paintings with clothed back view models that are languishing in the back of my studio - some of them are pretty good with good shapes, etc.  Hmmm - a fresh approach, maybe.    Thanks for visiting my blog!  Just talking to you helped me rethink things.

4 comments:

hmuxo said...

She's a beautiful model and you painted her beautifully Connie! It looks finished to me!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Hilda - maybe she is finished - yeah, sounds good to me!

Jane said...

Really love this portrait, great pose , colors and shadowing, to me she looks finished too :-)

Connie Chadwell said...

Thanks so much, Jane - I think I will just leave her alone - always so hard for me to tell - then I end up killing it!