Sunday, March 18, 2018

Nude on Lavender-Grey - oil pastel drawing of a nude

I had planned to do this nude sort of coming out of a lavender-grey mist, but my love of line got the best of me.  To paraphrase Alex Powers, one is either a line person or a shape person and I confess I'm of the line persuasion.  Anyway, as with just about all nudes, this one was fun and satisfying to draw.  I love figurative work, especially nudes - the human body is such a wonder and always beautiful to me, no matter the size or shape.  This one is 10 x 8" - thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Jane said...

I agree with you on human bodies and this one is beautiful, perfect shapes and lovely pose.

hmuxo said...

Definitely a winner....I love the lavender color. I wish I can do nudes. I went to a class and I truly butchered the human form. Lol

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Jane - thanks so much! Great to see you here!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you Hilda - re drawing the figure, I've drawn the figure for jillions of hours and oh some of my drawings have been just awful!!!

Connie Chadwell said...

Thank you, Regine - delighted you dropped by!

Aimeslee Winans said...

I am in awe that on a substrate so small you can get a crisp line at all out of an oil pastel. Gorgeous drawing, xoxo

Connie Chadwell said...

Hi Aimeslee - oil pastel is so great - you can sharpen them, too, if you'd like, although I never do - too lazy, maybe. Thanks for stopping by!